Thursday 30 July 2009

President Obama Gives the Girls a Chance

http://chickspeak.com/blog/2009/06/24/president-obama-gives-the-girls-a-chance/
In March, President Obama launched The White House Council on Women and Girls, a council devoted to ensuring the equal and fair representation of women. And to make sure that this new group is run effectively, the President has put women in charge! Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett will chair the Council, while Director of Public Liaison Tina Tchen will act as Executive Director.

"Ever since I was a little girl, I declared myself the equal of boys. I never believed that a boy could do something better than me, and it became my small mission in life to prove any boy wrong when he said that he was better."

- Kate Oncken "ChickSpeak"

No comments:

Post a Comment